Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Ethan's dedication day!

This truly was one of the best days of my life and for little Ethan it definitely had to be THE BEST DAY of his 121 days so far! The Lord was so gracious and his presence was so thick. He did not spare us one ounce of his goodness. I was very unsure of what this day would hold. I had never been to a baby dedication so i didn't know what it should look like. I was really struggling to feel like i had heard from God about it. I also, really felt awful because i had nothing to offer at my own babies dedication. I had not realized, that was God's plan and his very best for this little guy. It really all came from him. It was a day the Lord had set aside to celebrate his billionth creation, to call him his very own son. As we gave Him a day, He gave us His heart. He wanted to use this day to ask Ethan to come away with Him forever to discover just how big His heart is and to know His goodness! Jon David and I went up to a beautiful mountain to dedicate Ethan. It was a very hot and sunny day. He was naked most of the time due to the heat. Later we dressed him when the family came in a gown that many generations had worn in Norway before him. During our time alone we prayed so many things over him. Jon David is the one who held him the whole time and lifted him up to the Lord and dedicated him. IT WAS AMAZING! I wish i had a picture of any of that.
We had all the grandparents there. Jon David's parents came all the way from Norway. We also had the franks there. We had asked them to be Ethan's Godparents and they flew in just for that day! In our time everyone anointed him with oil as they laid hands and prayed over him.
Everyone got to share something special that the Lord had given them. Here his grandparents are singing the most beautiful song in Norwegian over Ethan. It was translated for all of us and it truly had the most powerful words in it. My parents shared so much of what God had already told Jon David and I earlier that day. They even spoke about children being arrows, having no idea that we had archery planned as a surprise part of our days events and Jon David was reading from that very scripture!

At the end,the grandfathers shot an arrow on our behalf's toward parenthood as Psalm 127:3-5 was read allowed. Then Jon David shot one for baby Ethan. It was so cool. It was small and intimate and absolutely beautiful. Thanks for letting us share in the best day of Ethan's little life so far. We wish you could have all been there, and this is the best way to do that.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

What a sweet and wonderful day. You dictated it so beautifully. I would love to have been there. Ethan looks so charming in his gown. God is sooooo good!

Carol said...

How sweet! Of course God would speak powerfully and mightily into your hearts! Many blessings over little Ethan!

8invitations.com said...

Oh, I am so glad you shared that moment with us. I love your sweet family so very much. May this be the beginning of a lifetime of wonderful that you get to share with your precious boy.

Anonymous said...

Wow, the whole arrow thing resounds in my spirit. I'm so moved at how you guys chose to do your family dedication. Beautiful, rich, deep and free. Miss you, Friend Of My Heart! Love, Leilani