Saturday, October 11, 2008

It was a late Friday evening, as i was driving Ethan and I to my mom's for a little sleep over so she could watch ethan the next day. There is no feeling as aweful as the feelings i had during the end of that drive. Ethan was fussy and coughing. I could tell he was working hard to breath as the congestion in his chest was worsening. Suddenly, i hear an aweful gag and i am undone. Then i hear him breathing fine. VERY RASPY, but fine. I speed up to get us home as fast as i can. I have to get there. When is this long drive going to end. I need to get him his meds that the Dr. gave me today. How did he get so sick so fast? He was fine when we left the Dr. office. Maybe, they missed something and he is worse than they thought...oh God, heal my baby! I pull up in the drive way and throw gear into park. Opening my door and his as fast as i can to grab him and get him inside. MY HEART SINKS, in disbelief! There he is, my darling one, with throw up all over the place! The gag I had heard was him THROWING UP! OF COURSE!!! How could i have not known? He was just limp as a noodle and helpless as could be and there was nothing i could do to take it all away. He didn't cry or fuss, he just looked up at me in all his misery. I imagine he was wondering, what the heck is going on??!??
As of late, Ethan has been diagnosed with RSV and an ear infection. He caught some Bronchiolitis virus that turned on him and we had a few scary moments. There is nothing like seeing your little boy struggling to get air! This is nearly the worst feeling i have ever had. Then to be driving in your car in the dark while your son is coughing, working hard to breath and throwing up in the back seat... I have never felt more powerless. Your heart sinking is like hitting the lowest floor of life, from light to total darkness in a matter of a second! The end is not here! I had to tell myself.
Now, we sit and do breathing treatments for 20 minutes or so 3-4 times a day. He is sweet about it and is getting better. Please pray for his speedy recovery as this has been a period of 5 weeks in total that he has been unwell. We are SICK of being SICK!

This is a favorite moment with his Opa, playing music and jammin. He is so happy with his opa and some instruments!
Several weeks ago we took him to the zoo for the first time! He loved it and so did his opa. Ever since, ethan has been so excited to learn about animals and sign there names! My favorite is when he signs, "fish"! Sooooooo, incredibly cute.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Oh, Karissa. How absolutely awful. I can't imagine what you must have felt in that moment! Little Mira threw up for the first time on Friday. She was really lethargic and cuddly all day. That night, she had a high fever. The next day, she was back to normal, Praise God. Keep us posted on little Ethan. I love you!

Ambra said...

Karissa I had no idea Ethan was not well!! Isaiah was sick for almost 5 solid weeks... this is the 6th week now and I can't say he's 100% b/c he's still coughing. After antibiotics that didn't work, 3 trips to the doctor and 1 trip to Vanderbilt for a chest x-ray, they are now saying it's allergies. I will definitely be praying for Ethan's quick recovery. I know how miserable a sickness going on and on can be. Bless you today!!!!

craftykorisa said...

I started tearing up when I read about Ethan being sick...I know your heart was breaking. I'll say many prayers that he will get well and STAY well....