Friday, January 30, 2009

Family growth

I love family! I love how it grows and develops. This is my first time to actually be able to take in the beauty of our family growing. I mean the extended family as much as my own. To see your child have a cousin (even if it is your cousin's children..) to play with and explore social behavior with. To see your cousin's starting their own family and the room filling up with more beautiful faces every time you get together. It is something I have never tasted of before and I am suddenly captivated by it and addicted for more. In the last 1 and a half year, since Ethan was born, we have had family visits 11 times and from all over. You have heard of most of our visitors and friends, as I tend to write about them. Two of those visits were from my sweet cousin in Plano Texas. She has a little girl named Ava, 1 month younger than Ethan, and another little lamb, named Abbey, 13 months younger than the first! WHEW! Myy cousin, Ashley, and Ava, her firstborn, first came to visit around Ethan's first birthday (how many times can I say first in one sentence?). I never got to post pic of it because we were off to Norway immediately after that and I was in a packing frenzy. Now, we have had the GREAT pleasure of having her whole family here, along with my parents, for dinner the other night. I was in heaven! Holding sweet little Abbey, seeing Ethan and Ava play together and even give a sweet kiss on the lips! PRICELESS is not even a good word for these moments.


I need to pay tribute to Ashley here, because she has this grace about her that just explodes onto all things. She reminds me of a swan, your best teacher, and a sweet cupcake that is white with pink dusting and a rose on top. Yep, that is you, my dear Ashley. And, raindrops on roses, whiskers on kittens and..... ha ha ha. No matter how hairy it may be, she still emulates beauty, the feeling that she has it all together and an ability to drip with sweetness! Now, if I could just get through a normal day that isn't hairy, and drip with sweetness, I'd be happy!Love you Ashley! Loved having your family for a moment in time! Praying that all will be as you hope, dream and desire!

2 comments:

8invitations.com said...

thank goodness for blogging, I would otherwise not know about your COOKBOOK! I am so excited. Can I be a taste tester?

xoxo

Anonymous said...

You look so happy together!! And this cookbook you tell us about - I did not know anything about it!! How exciting, Karissa!! Hugs to you from us in Eidsberg - Laila!!